10.2.6 GUI - Copying Images and Grids
Now that you are familiar with loading and displaying images and grids, you will learn
how to copy images and grids.
The image copy GUI has four different tabs which you can use to specify different
aspects of the copy command.
- The Image Selection tab is used to select the copy method and choose the source
and destination datasets.
- Copy Single Image allows you to choose the specific image to copy.
- Copy Latest Image automatically selects and copies the lastest image
from the dataset.
- Update Dataset copies the latest image from the dataset after it
rechecks the dataset for the most recent image.
- Copy Entire Dataset copies the entire source dataset to the destination
- The Band tab allows you to choose which band or bands you wish to copy.
- The Location tab allows you to specify the center point of the image as either
the upper left hand corner of the image, a latitude and longitude point, or a specific
- The Size and Magnification tab lets you change the Line/Element magnification
controls, as well as choose the image size to be copied.
- Create a local dataset MYDATA/TESTING using position numbers 51 to 60.
- Select: File/ADDE Servers
- Double Click: MYDATA
- Click: Add Local Entry
- Enter: TESTING under Descriptor, Test Images under Description,
51 under Start Position, and 60 under End Position
- Click: OK and exit both ADDE GUI windows.
- Copy a GOES-West full disk image to the local directory MYDATA/TESTING.
- Select: Copy/Image
- Click: Copy Single Image
- Select: Source Dataset/WEST/FD
- Select: the second image in the list/OK
- Select: Destination Dataset/MYDATA/TESTING/OK
- In the Band tab, click: Band 4
- In the Size and Magnification tab, slide: Line Mag = -10
- Click: Copy and Dismiss
- Next, display the image you just copied on frame 2. Display a white map
over the image.
- Select: Display/Image
- Select: Select Frame/ALL FRAMES/2
- Select: Dataset/MYDATA/TESTING
- Click: Today's images
- Click: Display Map on Image
- Click: Configure Map
- Select: Map Color/White
- Click: Select
- Click: Load and Dismiss